What is personal information?
Personal information is information about an identifiable individual. It includes information that could be used to identify you, such as your name and contact details. If the information we collect personally identifies you, or you are reasonably identifiable from it, the information will be considered personal information.
Collection of your personal information
We collect your personal information directly from you unless it is unreasonable or impracticable to do so. When collecting personal information from you, we may collect it in various ways including:
- through your access and use of our website
- by telephone, letter, fax or email
- during conversations between you and our representatives
- by contracting with us or completing relevant forms
- by entering competitions, promotions or requesting information or material from us
- completing surveys, providing feedback or complaining to us.
In some circumstances information may also be collected from third parties where:
- you authorise the collection of information from a third party which may be your representatives such as lawyer, accountant, financial adviser or employer: or
- the information is already publicly available: or
- collection is necessary to enforce the law, or for court proceedings, or to protect public revenue.
Generally, if we are unable to collect the personal information we require, we may not be able to provide you with the products and services you seek. If the information provided is incorrect or incomplete, this may also prevent, limit or otherwise affect our ability to provide products or services to you.
You can use the site including completing user research tasks without disclosing any personal information.
What purposes do we use your personal information?
We use your personal information to:
- to provide products and services to you and to send communications requested by you;
- to answer enquiries and provide information or advice about existing and new products or services;
- to provide you with access to various areas of our website;
- to assess the performance of the website and to improve the operation of the website;
- for the administrative, marketing (including direct marketing), planning, product or service development, quality control, survey and research purposes of the Companies, related bodies corporate, contractors or service providers;
- to update our records and keep your contact details up to date;
- to process and respond to any complaint made by you; and
- to comply with any law, rule, regulation, lawful and binding determination, decision or direction of a regulator, or in co-operation with any governmental authority of any country (or political sub-division of a country).
Sharing your personal information – purposes
The Companies may use and share your personal information with a range of organisations including:
- authorities such as regulators
- government agencies
- courts or the police
- external dispute resolution schemes
- suppliers and services that may be required to administer our relationship with you such as IT systems administrators, mailing houses, couriers, payment processors, debt collectors
- professional advisors such as lawyers, accountants, financial advisers, bankers, brokers and other consultants as it relates to the services provided to you
- comply with laws and regulations, including any New Zealand or overseas laws, rules or regulations
- people of organisations that you expressly give permission to share your personal information with
Authorisation – Where we are required to identify you and we use electronic means to do so, you authorise your mobile carrier to disclose your mobile account details for the purpose of verifying your identity. Those details may include your name, address and device details.
Storage of your personal information
Your personal information will be stored in a combination of paper files and electronically and are both held internally within New Zealand.
Where your personal information is transferred outside New Zealand we will ensure the intended recipient has provided appropriate safeguards and that requisite rights and remedies in relation to the personal information remain available, or we will obtain your explicit consent for the transfer.
Management of personal information
We take reasonable steps to securely store your personal information to ensure it is protected from unauthorised access, modification and disclosure, and from other types of misuse, interference and loss. This includes electronic and physical security measures and procedures, staff training and use of password protection software.
We will take reasonable steps to destroy or permanently de-identify your personal information when we no longer require it for any purpose for which it was collected. We may retain your personal information for as long as necessary to comply with any applicable law, for legal, insurance and corporate governance purposes, for the prevention of fraud and to resolve disputes. Your personal information may also be retained in our IT system back-up records.
Security of the website
As our website is linked to the internet, and the internet is inherently insecure, we cannot provide any assurance regarding the security of transmission of information you communicate to us online. We also cannot guarantee that the information you supply will not be intercepted while being transmitted over the internet. Accordingly, any personal information or other information which you transmit to us online is transmitted at your own risk.
We may collect statistical information about your visit to help us improve the site. This information is aggregated and doesn’t identify you personally. It includes:
- your IP address
- the search terms you used
- the pages you visited on our site and the links you clicked on
- the date and time you visited the site the referring site (if any) from which you clicked through to this site
- your operating system, for example Windows XP, Mac OS X
- the type of web browser you use, such as Internet Explorer, Chrome or Mozilla Firefox
- other things like your screen resolution and the language setting of your browser.
- to measure website traffic and usage patterns and to collect information about your interactions with those services. That information is then used to analyse and improve our services, analyse user behaviour and measure the effectiveness of our marketing initiatives and services;
- to understand your interests and preferences so we can tailor the content to your likely interests along with improving our services and identify suitable offers, products and services from us that we believe may interest you.
How to control cookie settings on your device
We recommend you enable cookies on your browsers in order to enjoy all the features of our website.
You can block advertising cookies by manually adjusting the cookie settings on your website browser – see the “Help” menu on your browser for details. To learn more about cookies, visit allaboutcookies.org.
Accessing and correcting your personal information
The Companies will do their best to ensure your personal information is accurate. You are responsible for promptly informing us of any change of your personal details (including your name, address, telephone, mobile or facsimile numbers and email address).
You can contact us to request access, or that corrections are made, to the personal information we hold about you. A reasonable fee may be charged to process your request, covering activities such as locating, collating and supplying the information to you.
Under the Privacy Act 2020, in some circumstances, we do not have to give you access too or correct your personal information. If that is the case, we will explain why and provide information about how you can complain should you wish to do so.
Resolving your privacy concerns and complaints – your rights
Your satisfaction is our priority so if you have a concern or complaint, please let us know and we’ll do our best to resolve it right away. If you’re unhappy with our response, you may wish to contact the Privacy Commissioner at privacy.org.nz.
How to contact us
e-mail – firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone – 08000 Trust 08000 87878
P O Box 38-756, Howick, Auckland, 2014,
This policy is current as of 12 February 2021.